Zoophobia Comic Forum

A place where fans of the webcomic created by Vivienne can discuss and share their own works while enjoying themselves.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Announcement from Viv on Zoophobia!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Redstiza
Admin
Redstiza

Announcement from Viv on Zoophobia! Empty
PostSubject: Announcement from Viv on Zoophobia!   Announcement from Viv on Zoophobia! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 1:40 pm

http://vivziepop.tumblr.com/post/141683171429/big-changes-announcement

"So there won’t be a page today, in fact the rest of the pages of this arc might be a bit late, or I’ll just post them daily once I get them finished! It will depend really.
I haven’t been doing too well mentally and I have been slowly losing energy and motivation for ZP. Because nomatter how hard I felt I was trying it didn’t seem enough, I feel just no confidence or joy in the comic right now. But I DO plan on finishing this arc, but I hope everyone can understand and be patient for the rest of the pages to come.
Once this arc ends, I plan on ending weekly comic updates, and completing entire arcs/chapters at once and releasing them as PDFs on Gumroad or a site like it! I’m Really REALLY sorry for this, it’s just because I really have just been steadily losing all confidence for zp.
I’m so thankful for all you guys who genuinely enjoy the comic and think it’s good, unfortunately I have been mostly receiving people against it and me, against how I have other projects and I’m taking to long and it’s not to their level of quality, and I just stopped doing this comic for myself, and started doing it out of a desire to entertain you guys.
-and I can’t be doing this comic that used to mean so much to me, for someone else. So i’m going to try to re-find myself, and I think working on the comic in private without pressure to get pages out will help with my esteem with it, and will make the stories all the better for when I get to release them!
I hope you guys can understand <3
I wrote a bit about why I made this decision also in a twitter post here
-Also ZP isn’t ending, it’s just not really gonna be a traditional webcomic anymore-
-Viv"

So I dunno how much this will affect the forum if it's not going to be a weekly thing anymore.  It is still a place where people can discuss and post things too but there probably won't be a post every week on each page if there aren't going to be any.

I will still get the PDFs and link them here so everyone will be able to find those as well at least!
Back to top Go down
https://zoophobiacomicforum.forumotion.com
Fifrein

Fifrein

PostSubject: Re: Announcement from Viv on Zoophobia!   Announcement from Viv on Zoophobia! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 3:34 pm

Well, I look forward to it at least. Although, I can't promise my ability to keep coming back to something that appears once a month or more. I always manage to forget, whether I want to or not.
Back to top Go down
Amalgam

PostSubject: Re: Announcement from Viv on Zoophobia!   Announcement from Viv on Zoophobia! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 3:01 am

Part of me isn't too surprised about this.  Viv's obviously been very stressed for a long time now and stretched way too thin.  I know she's ambitious, but no one can keep that level of craziness up indefinitely, and eventually something has to give.

Honestly, I've been having a hard time staying with it for a while now anyway.  Weekly updates can work for some comics, but that's glacial for Zoophobia's pacing.  The latest arc has been pretty lacking, but it wouldn't be quite as excruciating if it hadn't been dragging on for literally over half a year.  That's a long time for someone to stay emotionally invested when they don't really care about what's going on.

It's only one factor out of many, but I really wish she hadn't changed the art style.  Sure, some of the panels are prettier now, but it obviously takes a much longer time to make them.  And all the pretty backgrounds in the world can't make up for the fact that for the better part of a year, I've been thinking, "Okay, that looks nice, but when do we get back to Cameron and the others?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcement from Viv on Zoophobia!   Announcement from Viv on Zoophobia! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Announcement from Viv on Zoophobia!
Page 1 of 1